Naim has launched a key firmware update for first-generation Mu-so and Mu-so Qb wireless speakers, available via the Naim App.
This essential update will ensure the products can continue to stream TIDAL, which has implemented a new login authorisation process that affects older generations of products.
Please note the new TIDAL implementation is also dependent on users running at least version 5.22 (iOS devices) or 2.22 (Android devices) of the Naim App.
To ensure your update goes smoothly, please follow these instructions:
• This update is only for first generation Mu-so and Mu-so Qb speakers.
• Ensure your phone or tablet is running the latest version of the Naim App – that’s version 5.22 (iOS devices) or 2.22 (Android devices) or later.
• Your Mu-so or Mu-so Qb needs to be on the same network as your phone or tablet. Wi-fi should be fine, though a direct Ethernet cable connection gives greatest stability.
• Open the Naim App and choose the Mu-so or Mu-so Qb to be updated – please note, do not try to update more than one speaker at once.
• Click on the ‘Cog’ icon on the top right of the screen, which will take you to the settings menu.
• Choose ‘Check for Updates’ from the menu, which will show Firmware 2.0.0 ready for download.
• Keep the App open throughout the whole update process. If you close the App, you will interrupt the update, which will not complete.
• Finally, be patient – this is a significant update. Depending on your network set-up, it could take anything from 10 minutes to an hour.
Firmware 2.0.0 for Mu-so 1st Generation
- TIDAL login authorisation update. NB: Also requires Naim App 5.22 or 2.22 or later
- HLS encoded stations other than BBC now play (eg. Rock On Radio)
- Updated Apple AirPlay 2 library
- Stations / podcasts that need TLS1.3 HTTPS now play (eg. Wyldwood radio)
- WAC setup sometimes fails to reliably gain a connection to the network
- Fatal error obtained when WAC setup is reset after unit fails to connect to the network
- Podcasts under Ireland > Bookish would fail to play
- Multiroom clients would be disconnected from a new platform master when playing unsupported sample rates or entering standby
- Stations under France -> All -> NRJ Nostalgie failed to play
- Error when seeking playback during a gapless transition period
- Addresses issue with Roon potentially starting the Mu-so at high volume over AirPlay